December 19, 2006

Message on a bottle


Rogue's Hazelnut Brown Nectar (as delicious as its name sounds) and Lagunitas's Cappuccino Stout (lives up to its name) offered interesting reading while we waited for the heads to settle.

Rogue's recipe
13 Ingredients: Harrington, Klages, Munich, Hugh, Baird Brown, Carastan 13/17, Crystal 70/80, Crystal 135/165, &Beeston Pale Chocolate Malts; Perle & Sterling Hops; & Hazelnut Nectar, Free Range Coastal Water & Top Fermenting Pacman Yeast. No Chemicals, Preservatives or Additives.

Lagunitas's poem
Coffee is my shepherd; I shall not dose. It maketh me to wake in green pastures. It leadeth me beyond the sleeping masses. It restoreth my brain. It leadeth me into the paths of consciousness for its namesake. Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of sleep, I will fear no artificial sweetener for thou art with me; thy cream and they sugar they comfort me. Though preparest a carafe before me in the presence of my zzz's. Thou anointest my day with sunlight; my cup runneth over. Surely richness and flavor shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of capuccino forever...let us sip...or whatever...

No comments:

Post a Comment